Alex R. Hernandez Jr. – Owner- Alex R. Hernandez Jr. Trial Lawyers PLLC
ALEX R. HERNANDEZ JR. TRIAL LAWYERS PLLC
Corpus Christi Phone Number 361-792-3811 San Antonio Phone Number 210-960-9008 Victoria Phone Number 361-575-3101
Mr. Alex R. Hernandez Jr. was born in Port Lavaca, Texas and has lived most of his life knowing he would become a lawyer. The son of a Mexican immigrant, Alex R. Hernandez Jr. has lived in many places throughout his life because of his family and the good fortune and nurturing his parents provided for him. As a toddler he lived in Houston while his father went to the University of Houston undergraduate. Then off to Chicago where his father went to Northwestern University School of Law often heading to the law library to spend time with his father while studying. Then when Mr. Hernandez moved back to Houston for his father’s work in oil and gas and contract law with companies such as Zapata in Houston and then to ARAMCO which eventually moved the family to Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Mr. Hernandez traveled worldwide during this time learning different international customs and practices. He has been around the world twice visiting Greece, Italy, Hong Kong, Hawaii, Singapore, London, New York, and Miami. He eventually returned to his hometown of Port Lavaca to be back with his family. He considers himself to be lucky as most of his travel was done while he could learn and enjoy the cultural aspects of the world and being able to bring culture and language to his practice. His global education has allowed him to excel in his law practice.
Having moved back to Port Lavaca, he began working at the age of 14, helping his grandfather with his appliance repair business and started his own lawn mowing and landscaping business with family and friends as clients. Then in 1989 Mr. Hernandez graduated from Calhoun High School in Port Lavaca and was National Honor Society Member, Student Council Member, Band President and Drum Major; he was named all honors and all state band for saxophone, guitar and bass throughout all four years of his high school being named to Honors Band (the Senior Band) his freshman year, a first for the high school. He graduated top 10 percent of his class. Mr. Hernandez then went on to Victoria Texas to get his General Studies A.A. Degree at the Victoria College. He then moved to Austin Texas in 1991 to get his B.A. in Economics from the University of Texas at Austin in 1994 where he was named Economics Student of the Year in 1994. While in Austin Texas he went on to work for Mutual of New York (MONY) becoming an insurance and investments sales representative. Not being fluent in Spanish and seeing the growing need for the language, Mr. Hernandez moved to Monterrey, the birthplace of his father and forefathers and learned Spanish in 6 months. Returning back to San Antonio, Texas he worked for US Global Investors as an institutional investment representative (1995-1998) working in the mutual funds industry before entering law school.
Mr. Hernandez entered into law school in 1998 and graduated from St. Mary’s University School of Law in 2001. While in law school he worked for an architectural planning firm HJA Associates where he spent his summers doing land surveying and wastewater, road and subdivision planning for several Laredo Texas Subdivisions, the Wurzbach Parkway expansion in San Antonio, Texas and the Frio Regional Hospital in Pearsall Texas. During law school he excelled at mock trial and moot court and knew that public speaking and trial work was his calling.
After graduating law school his first job as a lawyer was with Wayne Wright Injury Lawyers just 3 days after taking the bar, he tried his first jury trial a few days after passing the Texas Bar in 2001 with a successful jury verdict on a car wreck case.
In 2003 he moved to Corpus Christi to work on the insurance defense side working with Chaves Gonzales and Hoblit eventually leaving after tort reform in 2005 to open his own practice in Corpus Christi and Port Lavaca. Expanding his practice into San Antonio, Austin, Corpus Christi, Edinburg, Victoria and Port Lavaca.
Mr. Hernandez worked hard to learn other areas of law such as criminal law and family law and has concentrated his practice in the fields of personal injury, consumer and commercial trial law because he saw the need for not just personal injury law but other areas of law. He has tried cases to judge and jury and is a current member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, The National Trial Lawyers, the American Academy of Trial Lawyers, the National Association of Consumer Advocates, Texas Trial Lawyers, and other bar associations in San Antonio, Austin, and Corpus Christi. Today he uses his fluency in Spanish to communicate to the fast growing Hispanic communities in Texas and nationwide.
Mr. Hernandez uses his knowledge and life experiences in construction and business and armed with an education in Economics and Finance to handle matters in:
Car Accidents – has represented thousands of clients in auto accidents nationwide
Motorcycle Accidents- has represented motorcycle riders throughout the country against negligent and distracted driving cases
Mesothelioma- representing mesothelioma clients nationwide who have been exposed to asbestos
Dangerous Drugs and Mass Torts- representing thousands of victims of recalled drugs
Dangerous Medical Devices – representing thousands of victims of defective medical devices including MultiDistrict Litigation matters nationwide for Xarelto, PPI, Hip Replacement, Mesh, Talc, Rispderal, and others
Offshore Litigation and Injuries including Oilspill issues on the Gulf of Mexico coastline.
Commercial Litigation – representing small and medium business owners with lawsuits
Breach of Contract- Has represented hundreds of clients in Breach of Contract disputes
Commercial Transactions – representing small business owners in setting up corporations, real estate issues, leases, and contracts
Personal Injury – record setting verdicts in work related injury matters – largest verdict in West Texas County
Toxic Torts – represented clients exposed to toxic materials in Texas plants
Pipeline Explosion- represented clients in South Texas pipeline explosion
Products Liability – represented client in defective motorcycle case
Swimming Pool injury- represented quadriplegic in unsafe apartment swimming pool
Entertainment Law- representing artists and musicians in contract disputes and copyrights
Consumer and DTPA litigation – representing thousands of consumers with issues in consumer, fraud and warranty matters
Thousands of criminal defendants and divorces handled by Mr. Hernandez over the past two decades
Mr. Hernandez is a State Bar of Texas District 11 Grievance Committee member handing out private and public reprimands and disbarring bad lawyers for professional misconduct.
Mr. Hernandez is one of few attorneys featured in Wikipedia.
Mr. Hernandez is married to Roxanna Hernandez of Port Lavaca, Texas and they have three children. They currently reside in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Mr. Hernandez’ father, Alex R. Hernandez, who instilled upon him the importance of education and law is the current Calhoun County Court at Law judge in Port Lavaca, Texas. Mr. Hernandez’ mother is Andrea Hernandez and a paralegal and legal administrator of the firm how on a part time as needed basis. His sister is Rachel Hernandez an Austin attorney who practices family law (State Bar of Texas 1999, The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas J.D. – 1999). His much younger brother Evan Hernandez is a 2015 University of Texas at Austin Graduate.
An acknowledged IT expert, Alex R. Hernandez Jr. owns ARH Technology Services Group LLC, a SAAS company that owns “Alex” an integrated Force.com based software that Mr. Hernandez uses in his own practice to manage his voluminous call intake, client list, calendar and trial docket. Mr. Hernandez also owns ARH Design Studio LLC an inhouse graphic design company that helps print his marketing materials, clothing line, online graphics, digital graphics and other marketing materials.
- Calhoun High School. Port Lavaca, Texas 1989
- Victoria College. Victoria, Texas A.A. General Studies 1991
- The University of Texas at Austin B.A. Economics 1994
- University of Houston Law Center, Universidad Panamericana in Mexico City, Certificate in Mexican Legal Studies 1999
- St. Mary’s University School of Law J.D. 2001
- State Bar of Texas 2001, Sections: Business Law, Construction Law, Consumer and Commercial Law, Criminal Justice, Hispanic Issues, Litigation Section,
Litigation Sustaining Section
- Federal Licenses: U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Local Bar Association Memberships in Calhoun, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Hidalgo, Victoria and Austin.
- In 2002 he was awarded the largest jury verdict ever awarded by a Brewster County jury, a case he tried with now District Judge Roy Ferguson as local counsel
- Invited to the prestigious Texas Trial Lawyers Association as an individual Trial Lawyer and Individual Member since 2014 – present
- Perfect 10 Superb Individual Rating by Avvo 2016
- MajicFest “Nuestra Cultura Award” for local Community Philanthropy 201
- Top Trucking Accident Lawyer Rating by Avvo 2016
- Newsweek’s Top National Personal Injury Lawyers 2015
- Member San Antonio Trial Lawyers Associations (SATLA)
- American Association of Justice formerly American Association of Trial Lawyers 2005- present
- A+ Individual Rating by the Better Business Bureau 2015- present
- “Best of the Best Attorneys” by the Victoria Advocate Readers 2014- present
- Lawyers.com 5 star Rating by Martindale Nolo
- Top 100 Texas Trial Lawyers – South Texas- National Trial Lawyers 2016
- Distinguished Justice Advocates 2016
- Premier Personal Injury Lawyer Newsweek 2015 ©
- Premier Trial Lawyer – American Academy of Trial Lawyers – National Academy of Jurisprudence 2015
- National Association of Consumer Advocates – Class Action Attorneys (NACA is a by invitation only group of consumer attorneys)
- Clients Choice Award by Avvo 2013
- Endorsed by the Texas Small Business Association 2012 (State House of Representatives Candidate 2012)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum 2006 – present
- The College of the State Bar of Texas 2006
- The University of Texas at Austin Economics Student of the Year 1994
- St. Mary’s University School of Law Strasburger and Price Mock Trial Board of Advocates Quarter Finalist 1999
- University of San Diego Moot Court National Criminal Procedure Competition 1999
- University of Arizona Moot Court Immigration Competition 1999
- Pro Bono Achievement Award St. Mary’s University School of Law 2000
- St. Mary’s University School of Law Vice President International Law Students Association 2000-2001
Newspapers Featured In
- Invited Featured Columnist El Mundo Newspaper Austin, Texas
- No Plea Bargains for Misdemeanor DWIs – Victoria Advocate Newspaper March 22, 2014
- DA Won’t Plea Bargain DWI Cases, Causing Courtroom Jam – Victoria Advocate Newspaper April 25, 2015
- Watchdog: You can fight wrongfully filed property liens Victoria Advocate Newspaper Feb. 23, 2014
- Top Stories of 2009 No. 5 featuring Alex R. Hernandez Jr. Victoria Advocate Newspaper Dec. 29, 2009
- Judge rules cocaine from search of car can’t be used– Attorney Hernandez 4th amendment search and seizure Arizona v. Gant– Victoria Advocate May 15, 2009
- Economics of a Personal Injury Case; Damages and Injuries by Alex R. Hernandez Jr. https://www.amazon.com/Economics-Personal-Injury-Case-Injuries/dp/1941645526, released March 2016.
- Member of Corpus Christi United Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Victoria Camera del Comercio
- Past Board Member Keep Victoria Beautiful
- Past Board Member Food Bank of the Golden Crescent
- Past Board Member Victoria Business and Education Coalition