Bishop Car Accident Lawyer
In the blink of an eye, a car accident can change everything. You can find yourself with a heavily damaged vehicle to repair — or even worse, a totaled vehicle. You can find yourself and others injured — or the accident can be deadly. Regardless of the severity of the accident, there is a multitude of hoops that the insurance companies will want you to jump through, whether they are related to property damages or medical expenses.
More times than not, insurance companies will hold out as long as they can, and as firmly as they can, to avoid paying you or to pay you substantially less than you are owed. Because of this, it is extremely important that you have the proper legal representation and legal aid from a Bishop car accident lawyer and their legal team like us here at Alex R. Hernandez Jr. PLLC — where Alex and his team will fight to get you the settlement that you deserve.
Call The Police – Call the Insurance Company
If you are involved in an automotive accident there are a couple of things that you must do that might help you build your personal injury claim against the insurance company.
- First, it is imperative that you make sure that both yourself and the passengers in your vehicle are alright. If there is an immediate medical attention that you or your passengers require, call an ambulance. After you have checked yourself and your passengers be sure to check on the other vehicle and call 911 to request an ambulance if there are any injuries in the other car. Never leave the scene of an accident where another party is injured, even if you are not at fault.
- Next, it is important to call the police and exchange information with the other vehicles that have been involved in the accident. Doing so will ensure that the police can write a proper police report and document the crash, as well as allowing you to get the other driver’s insurance information. It might also be beneficial to take down the information of a witness so that you may be better able to substantiate your claim later on. All of this information collected and reported will be vital when your car accident attorney puts your case together.
- Once you have exchanged information, follow up with your medical treatment. If you “feel fine” but your back aches, it is important to see a medical professional before your injuries get worse down the road. Even if you think going home and icing your back or head will be sufficient, seeking medical evaluation after a car accident can help detect injuries you might not even be aware of.
- After you receive the damage valuation for the vehicle and your medical bills, it is time to make your personal injury and accident claims. At first, your insurance company might quickly respond, asking you to settle for a less-than-ideal claim. Do no such thing.
Get the Justice You Deserve
Your Bishop car accident lawyer is here to work on your behalf to negotiate with insurance companies and even argue your case in court if needed. After a car accident, you might be entitled to certain compensation from insurance, such as compensation for:
- Medical expenses: There might be out-of-pocket expenses such as an ambulance ride, emergency treatment, surgery, medication, hospital stays, doctors visits, and physical therapy. Future medical expenses if you are entitled to them.
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement: If you are scarred, dismembered, or otherwise disfigured in an accident, you can be entitled to compensation.
- Disability: If an accident causes you to be unable to complete activities you otherwise would be able to, you deserve compensation for this.
- Wrongful death: If a loved one is killed in an accident due to the negligence of another, you have the right to seek monetary compensation. While it will not bring your loved one back, it can help relieve financial stress caused by the loss.
- Property damage: Damages caused to your vehicle and any personal property damaged in the accident can be recoverable.
- Punitive damages: This refers to seeking things like jail time for an at-fault driver who was driving recklessly or under the influence when the crash was caused.
When an insurance company offers you a quick settlement, it is not because they have carefully evaluated the claim and have given you the amount of settlement that you deserve. Often times, when an insurance company does this, it is so that they can close the claim quickly — while paying less money. Rather than being taken advantage of and not getting the compensation you are entitled to, contact your Bishop car accident lawyer at Alex R. Hernandez Jr. Our team of experienced legal experts here in the Bishop area will utilize their experience, knowledge, and resources to ensure that you get a fair settlement to your claim. Contact us today for legal aid and legal representation in a personal injury lawsuit or insurance settlement.
When you need a Bishop Personal Injury and Car Accident Lawyer call us today at 1-888-HDZ-LAW-8 and mention this website to get your free book on the Economics of a personal injury case to help you understand the process.
Bishop Lawyer Near Me – Call Us Today – 1-888-HDZLAW-8
Alex R. Hernandez Jr. PLLC
921 N. Chaparral Suite 100
Corpus Christi, Texas 78401