Can Child Support Owed Be Taken From My Personal Injury Settlement?


The answer to this question is yes. If you have child support arrears then generally your settlement will be reduced or taken by the Attorney General.
It is usually only a judgment though and if the case is still pending and no child support judgment has been taken yet you may not have to pay it.

If there is a judgment then usually what happens is that the Texas Attorney General send a lien notice to us to hold on paying the amount awarded because of child support owed. We can negotiate with the Attorney General if this happens and send a lower amount sometimes.

If you have questions about your child support and your personal injury case call our law firm today.

Call Now ButtonClick Phone to Call