Corpus Christi Texting and Driving Accident Lawyer
Texting and driving is illegal in Corpus Christi
Texting and driving and causing an injury makes it negligence per se.
Texting & Driving Statistics
It can be hard to grasp the dangers of texting and driving, but once you know the facts, this hazardous habit starts to become a reality.
In the United States:
- 26% of all car crashes in 2014 involved cell phone use.
- At least 9 people are killed every day because of a distracted driver.
- More than 1,000 people are injured every day due to a distracted driver.
- In 2015 42% of teens say they have texted while driving—and texting and driving is the leading cause of death in teens.
During texting and driving, the driver is distracted in all three ways – visually, manually and cognitively.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Injury Prevention and Control, in the U.S. on a daily basis:
- More than 9 people are killed by a distracted driver
- More than 1,060 people are injured in crashes due to a distracted driver
There are three main forms of distraction
- Visual: when the eyes are taken off the road
- Manual: when the hands are taken off the steering wheel
- Cognitive: when the mind is taken off driving
We represent clients who have been seriously injured by anyone texting and driving, especially in Corpus Christi, Nueces County, where doing so is an actual crime.
If you or a loved one has been injured by someone texting and driving call us today we can help you get the justice you deserve for your injuries.
Call Alex R. Hernandez Jr. today 1-888-HDZLAW-8.
Principal Office Corpus Christi Texas
Phone Number 361-792-3811
921 N. Chaparral Suite 100
Corpus Christi, Texas 78401