Compared to drink–driving, much less is known about driving when impaired by psychoactive substances and the effectiveness of related
• There are a wide variety of psychoactive substances that have the potential to adversely
affect driver behavior
• Addressing drug–driving is difficult because:
1. The term “drugs” encompasses a wide variety of substances.
2. Detecting and measuring levels of psychoactive substances is complicated.
3. Different types of drugs stay in the bloodstream for different lengths of time which complicates the ability to link a positive drug
presence with crash risk.
4. It difficult to set threshold limits for each substance because of lack of scientific evidence on the links between drug levels, impairment and crash risk for many drugs.
If you or a loved one have been injured by a driver who has taken drugs, whether prescription (OTC) or illegal you may have a legal claim to file against that driver.
Call us today to discuss your drug driving case.
1-888-HDZLAW-8 Alex R. Hernandez Jr.