Uninsured/Underinsured Car Wrecks
888 HDZ LAW 8
CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN TEXAS
Being struck by a reckless and uninsured or underinsured motorist can take a bad situation and make it even worse. Where will your coverage for your injuries and damage come from if the other driver has no automobile insurance? Can you hope to achieve a proper recovery, or are you out of luck?
At The Law Offices of Alex R. Hernandez, Jr., PLLC, our San Antonio car accident attorney and our entire staff of legal professionals are here to tell you that there are ways for you to receive proper compensation. You can start working on your case today by calling one of our Texas offices and telling us during your initial consultation what happened. With more than a decade of personal injury practice experience and a perfect 10.0 “Superb” Avvo Rating, Attorney Hernandez can help guide you without adding any stress onto your own shoulders.
SOLUTION ONE: CIVIL LITIGATION
There is a common misconception that uninsured or underinsured motorists have no way of paying for the damages they cause. Sometimes this notion is actually perpetuated by the driver themselves as a way of hoping to duck their own responsibilities.
If you were struck by an uninsured or underinsured driver, remember these three crucial steps:
1. Call the police: Driving without the minimally required amount of car insurance in Texas is illegal. By notifying the proper authorities of your collision, you will help remove a dangerous and irresponsible driver from the road, protecting other people; the police report can also be powerful evidence for your following lawsuit.
2. Do not accept payment: The liable driver may try to persuade you to take some cash or a check from them instead of pursuing full compensation. You should never accept upfront offers from the drivers themselves. At that point, you can have no real idea as to how much financial resources repairing your car and recovering from your injuries will require.
3. Hire an experienced attorney: Is the uninsured or underinsured motorist telling you they cannot possibly pay for your damages? Let the court decide if that is true or not. Whenever someone hurts you through negligence, recklessness, or intentional wrongdoing, you have the right to sue them in court for full compensation with the help of a personal injury lawyer.
SOLUTION TWO: YOUR OWN INSURANCE CARRIER
There are instances when bringing a lawsuit against the uninsured or underinsured motorist is not an option. Most notably, this is the case when you are a victim of a hit-and-run, or when a driver crashes into you before they can be officially identified. In such situations, you should try to get as much information about them as you can and call the police.
Questions to ask yourself to help the police find the culprit include:
- What was the color and make of their vehicle?
- What direction did they head?
- How was their vehicle damaged in the crash?
- What did they look like?
If the driver is never found, you can talk to your own insurance provider about compensation. If you have opted into uninsured driver policies, you should be provided with ample recoveries to pay for hospital bills and vehicle repairs. When your own insurance carrier does not offer you a proper or fair amount, you may have to take a case against them to fight for more.
WE ARE THE LAW FIRM YOU CAN TRUST
No matter which direction your uninsured/underinsured motorist car accident case goes, you can depend on our team to provide you with tenacious yet compassionate legal representation. Our San Antonio car accident attorney has built up a reputation as creating intelligent and effective legal strategies in car accident cases, and you can expect the same experience when you retain our services. All you need to do to get started is contact us today and we can tell you what to do from there.
The Law Offices of Alex R. Hernandez Jr. PLLC. Principal Office
921 N. Chaparral Suite 100
Corpus Christi, Texas 78401