Warning: Fire Experts Warn Not to Plug Space Heaters Into Power Strips

Share

If you use a space heater, fire officials are warning you to not plug it into an extension cord or a power strip.

According to fire officials, these devices are not designed to handle the energy load of a space heater and can overheat, and even catch fire.

Heating elements inside a space heater can reportedly get up to more than 500°F to 600°F. Residents should plug their space heaters directly into the wall, and always keep an eye on it when it’s in use.

46378877 2198018830445650 6240551343233171456 n 5c376f9d086b6 Warning: Fire Experts Warn Not to Plug Space Heaters Into Power Strips

Call Now ButtonClick Phone to Call