Alex R. Hernandez Jr. PLLC Attorneys at Law is a Texas-based law firm that handles all kinds of cases—from personal injuries including mass torts, class actions, and car accidents to business law, probate, and real estate law. Mr. Hernandez has decades of legal experience, and he and his qualified team may be able to help you recover compensation for your damages.
To run a successful personal injury law practice, you have to have a strong foundation and group of experienced employees and lawyers. Our lawyers and employees have a tremendous wealth of knowledge that will help us handle your injury, litigation, business matter, or really any other legal matter possible in a court of law. At Alex R. Hernandez Jr. PLLC, our reputation precedes us—we have built a national reputation as being the law firm that cares about the people. We even get referrals from other attorneys who know our reputation.
To find out more, call us locally today. We have offices in:
- Corpus Christi (361-792-3811; principal office)
- San Antonio (210-960-9008)
- Victoria (361-575-3101)
- Rio Grande Valley (956-307-4577)
- Dallas (972-362-6616)
- El Paso (915-777-3310)
- Austin (512-640-4099)
*All offices by appointment; principal office: Corpus Christi, Texas
To learn more about our other trial staff at Alex Hernandez Lawyer, see below.
Personal Injury, Mass Torts, Commercial Litigation, and Other Current Staff
Attorney at Law – Corpus Christi
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
Staff Attorney – Corpus Christi
- Real Estate Law
- Probate Law
- Property Law
- BA Texas A&M Corpus Christi
- JD Texas Southern University 2019
- State Bar of Texas 2020
- Military Veteran
- Phone 361-792-3811
Attorney at Law – National Business Litigation – Texas Super Lawyer
John A. Sopuch III is a trial lawyer with a history of winning some of the nation’s biggest verdicts. He joins Alex R. Hernandez Jr. PLLC Of Counsel in the business litigation and probate department.
In 2002, the National Law Journal recognized John’s nearly $43 million verdict (in Miami Cigar v. UST, et al., a business fraud case) as among the top 100 verdicts in the nation that year. In 2004, John did it again, with his $30 million verdict in a breach of contract case, Basic Capital Management Inc. v. Dynex Commercial, Inc.
Hailing from St. Louis, MO, John was born on March 21, 1965. Attending prep school at The St. Louis Priory, he went on to study at the University of Texas where he graduated in 1987. John received his law degree from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1990. During law school, John was a member of the Law Review, a Dean’s Merit Scholar and he was selected to write for The Law Review’s California Supreme Court Survey. Also, John clerked for J.P. Vukasin, Jr., who was at the time, a federal district court judge in the Northern District of California, sitting in San Francisco.
Upon graduating from law school, John joined a boutique litigation firm of Bickel & Brewer, working at the firm’s Chicago offices. John remained at Bickel & Brewer until 1997, becoming, at the time, the youngest person to make partner at the firm.
John left Bickel & Brewer in 1997 and started his own firm – Sopuch Annett Higgins & Gaubert – with offices in Chicago and Dallas. With the growth of their practice/practice areas, in 2002 John and his partners opened an affiliated office, Moore & Sopuch, in St. Croix, United States Virgin Islands, USVI.
In 1999 and again in 2001, John was appointed by Governor Charles W. Turbull of the USVI to be a Special Assistant Attorney General to aid the government of the Virgin Islands Bureau of Internal Revenue in several substantial pieces of litigation and favorably settled those matters for more than $10 million collectively.
In 2005, John left the firm he had been instrumental in founding and became Of Counsel to the Honolulu firm of Starn O’Toole Marcus & Fisher. During his time in Hawaii, John represented the widow of a man who had died with serious liver failure and was able to secure one of the highest settlements in a wrongful death case in the State of Hawaii.
Recently, John moved back to his hometown of Corpus Christi (grandparents were originally from this area) and joined Alex R. Hernandez Jr. PLLC, where his trial lawyering skills and list of verdicts for his clients add to the depth of talent at ARH LAW. John’s practice areas are focused on business litigation and other forms of commercial dispute resolution.
Charles A. Gonzalez
Attorney at Law – Corpus Christi
Of Counsel – Attorney at Law – San Antonio & Houston
Houston Of Counsel Attorney
Phone: (713) 313-1019
Joined the faculty in 2011.
J.D., Washington College of Law, American University, Washington, D.C., 1993
B.A., History, University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD, 1990
A.A., History, Miami-Dade College, Miami, FL, 1988
Civil Trial Practice
Civil Law Clinic
- Associate Clinical Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2017-Present)
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2011-2017)
- Clinical Instructor, Managing Attorney, Wills, Probate & Guardianship Clinic, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2008-2011)
- Managing Attorney/Interim Director, Environmental Law & Justice Clinic, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2002-2008)
- Staff Attorney/Clinical Instructor, Caribbean Law Clinic, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (2001-2003)
- Staff Attorney/Clinical Instructor, Environmental Law & Justice Clinic, Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX (1995-2001)
- Martina E. Cartwright, The Silver Tsunami: Aging Prisoners, Early Release, Guardianship and Prisoner Advocate Initiatives for Long Term Care Beyond the Prison Walls, 1 Touro Journal of Law & Aging 54 (2015)
- Martina E. Cartwright and Thelma Harmon, Fifty Plus Years and Counting: A History of Experiential Learning and Clinical Opportunities at Thurgood Marshall School of Law, 39 Thurgood Marshall Law Review 187 (2014)
- Martina E. Cartwright, Superfund: It’s No Longer Super and It Isn’t Much of a Fund, 18 Tulane Environmental Law Journal 299 (2005)
- Hankins, G. and Cartwright, M., The Pleasantville Fires. Danger in the Air: Toxic air in the Houston/Galveston Corridor, November, 1996.
- Cartwright, M., Pursuing Environmental Justice: Can Brownfields Redevelopment Co-Exist with Environmental Justice?, Program Materials for Key Environmental Issues in U.S. EPA Region V, June 24, 1999.
- Member, Clinical Legal Education Association (CLEA)
- Member, REPTL Section, State Bar of Texas
- Member, LGBT Law Section, State Bar of Texas
- Board Member, Gulf Restoration Network (GRN)
Lead Paralegal – Litigation – Corpus Christi
- Legal Assistant to Alex R. Hernandez Jr.
- M.A. Legal Studies – Legal Studies
- Texas State University-San Marcos – San Marcos, TX
- B.A. English – English with Teacher Certification
- Texas A&M University, San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
- Licensed Realtor
- Notary Public
Case Administrator/ Office Administration
Office Assistant to Attorney Alex R. Hernandez Jr.
Educated at St. Mary’s University and the University of Maryland, Joseph Navarro is a US Army Reservist having spent the past 30 years in the US Army.
Mr. Navarro is the former office manager for Watts Guerra Craft where he handled the call center of a busy personal injury firm.
He also handled their busy mass torts docket. He worked for Thomas J. Henry as a paralegal for several years and brings 20 years of legal experience to the firm.
Phone (361) 792-3811 – Corpus Christi and San Antonio offices
Litigation Legal Assistant – Criminal Law Department
- White Collar, Felony and Misdemeanors, DWI
- Legal Assistant to Alex R. Hernandez Jr.
- Legal Assistant for over 30 years
Phone (361) 792-3811 – Corpus Christi office
Personal Injury Law Pre-litigation Case Manager
Roxanna Hernandez medical field background brings a unique perspective to the field of personal injury. Having worked in the medical field with doctors and hospitals since 2000, Ms. Hernandez has certificates in various medical areas including nursing, medical assisting, medical billing and codes, records and phlebotomy. She worked in the oilfield in sales during the boom and has a strong sales background. She now merges public relations and medicine to the law firm.
Ms. Hernandez is the case manager for all personal injury clients. Corpus Christi office.
Phone (361) 792-3811 ext 103
Mrs. Hernandez (Alex R. Hernandez Jr.’s mother) is the bookkeeper for the law firm. She has 40 years of legal and bookkeeping experience. She is semi-retired from the legal part of the firm instead of dealing with finances and bookkeeping.
Port Lavaca (361) 552-3100
402 W. Main St.
Port Lavaca, Texas 77979